The Write Beginning
Email to reserve a spot
Check out the class schedule below. Classes are primarily for students in grades 3 to 12 at different writing levels—from absolute beginners to experts looking to further hone their skills. Adults, from all walks of life and experience levels, are also welcome. Whether it is to brush up on grammar, improve vocabulary, get better at email writing, or just for fun, help is here. Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have questions about the classes and available slots, or want to talk about your little reluctant writer at home. I will be happy to listen and work with you to find the right solution for your child’s writing needs.
Monday to Friday
4:15 pm – 5:15 pm
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
Pick & Drop Policy
- Parents should drop off their child five minutes before the class.
- Timely pick-up is a must. This will help ensure a smooth transition and avoid foot traffic due to back-to-back nature of the classes. For security reasons, students won’t be sent outside alone; parents must pick them up from my home. Additionally, no message will be sent to inform that the class is over.
- Parents are requested to send a message if running late. However, the class will finish on time irrespective of when the student is dropped.
- I do not check my phone, to read and send messages, during class hours, so please call up if it is urgent.
- SUPPLIES: A one-time complimentary notebook, binder, and vocabulary flashcards will be provided.
- LESSONS: Students are required to take three private or four semi-private classes per month. No exceptions.
- CLASS SIZE: One student in private and three in semi-private.
- FEE: Payment in full is due on the first class of each month. Check or cash only. No reminder will be sent.
- REVIEW MEETING: Parents are requested to make an appointment to discuss their child’s progress. Before and after class discussions are not encouraged.
- REPORT CARD: A progress report will be shared at the beginning of each month.
- HOMEWORK: One homework will be given per week, which students have to submit in the next class. Late submissions won’t get reviewed along with parent-assigned or any school-related work.
- ENVIRONMENT: Work quietly, take turns talking, and show respect to the teacher and classmates.
Makeup Class Policy
- Parent should notify 24 hours in advance if the student cannot come.
- The makeup class must be taken in the same month and cannot be carried forward.
- Only one makeup class is allowed per month.
- Makeup classes can be availed by reserving an open spot available during that month. Those open times are limited, so it is advised to book in advance.
- If a student doesn’t show up for a lesson or cancels at the last minute or misses a class without giving a 24-hour notice, no makeup class will be provided.
- If a student misses a makeup class, an additional makeup class won’t be provided.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to initiate the scheduling of makeup classes.
- If the teacher cancels the class for any reason, students can take a class on an open spot available in the same month. They can also choose not to take the extra class and in that case, tuition fee will be adjusted the following month.
- A semi-private student will be given a semi-private makeup class. One-on-one sessions are exclusively for private students.
- To acquire a makeup class, email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check out all the available spots of the month. Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.